Guidance & Counseling
The following list of websites provide resources for parents in exploring options for college.
- Apply Texas
- College Board
- College for All Texans
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- National Merit Scholarship Corporation
It is never too early to teach self-respect. Teach your children to respect themselves. Always keep the lines of communication open. Encourage your child to come to you. Listen to your child and refrain from lecturing. Ask your child questions to encourage conversations about healthy relationships, such as:
- What makes a healthy relationship?
- What do you want in a relationship?
- What are the relationships like that you have witnessed at school or among friends?
If you suspect your child is in an unhealthy relationship, make sure your child knows you are there to help. Be clear that you do not blame them and that you are, and always will be, supportive of them. When your child does end the relationship, help your them develop a safety plan to stay safe during and after the relationship.