September 1, 2017
I want to begin by offering my gratitude for a great start to a new school year. Our students have been outstanding as they have gotten back into the swing of things here at Tison. I also would like to thank the parents for their patience as we have learned and lived through some of the growing pains associated with the addition of approximately 30% more students.
Specifically regarding traffic, our first concern is always the safety of your child while they are in our care. With this in the forefront of our mind, we recognize that the time for drop off and pick up needs to be dramatically improved. In an effort to expedite this process, we will be implementing the following changes beginning Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Please share this information with all of our Tison family. This will be a work in progress, but rest assured we have been and will continue to strive for excellence in all we do, including our drop off and pick up procedures.
Beginning Tuesday, September 5, 2017:
We will offer two drop off options for families.
North drop off and pick up
1) All traffic must enter the Meadowview Road school entrance closest to the stoplight.
2) If dropping off in the North lane near the cafeteria, all traffic must turn left after drop off/pick-up and exit via Meadowview Road. This will allow for a controlled left turn onto FM730.
3) All buses will load in the bus lanes on the North side of the school.
South drop off and pick up
1) Cars will enter and make the loop around the southern parking lot.
2) There will be no right turn at the stop sign near the Field House turning towards the north.
3) All traffic entering from 730 must also exit 730.
Please communicate with your child that they are to be picked up and dropped off in the same location. To maintain safety, students will only exit and enter cars in a designated drop off lane. There will not be car access between the North and South drop off lanes during arrival and dismissal times.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding. We are looking out for your children and their safety is paramount. By adding the protection of a traffic light controlled turn on to 730 and a second drop off location, we hope to make this process much more efficient. We will continue to monitor the traffic changes and adjust as needed.
Have a great Labor Day,