DRESS CODE REMINDER
Thank you so much for your patience the first week of school regarding ongoing construction and changing traffic patterns! I just wanted to send a quick reminder of certain requirements to parents regarding the 2017-2018 WISD Dress Code:
- Shorts and skirts must be “finger-tip length,” that is the length cannot be shorter than the level where the finger tips fall when the student’s hands are at his/her sides. Skirts featuring high slits above “finger-tip length” are not appropriate for school.
- All shirts must have sleeves. Tank tops are not permitted.
- Tight-fitting clothing is not permitted without a covering garment that when worn alone meets the other guidelines of this dress code.
- Body piercing is restricted to the ear and a stud in the nose. Bandages, tape, or other coverings used for the express purpose of covering body piercing jewelry and spacers will not be allowed.
- “Gauging” of the ears, or any part of the body, is prohibited.
- Natural hair coloring and groom that is deemed by the principal as a distraction shall be prohibited.
To find the full list of dress code requirements, you can visit the Parent or Student section of the WISD website and a link will be on the right side.