As the school year comes to a close, I want to provide a few updates:
Last Day of School: Thursday 5/27/2021
Thursday’s Early Release Schedule:
- School Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- School End Time: 12:30 p.m.
- PTA Ice Cream Celebration for Students & Staff
- Summer Reading Delivery to 6th & 7th Grade Students, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Sack lunch available – pre-order during 7th period (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- 12:25 p.m. – Eighth Grade Send Off & Celebration of our Optimists of the Year: Asher Feriend & Toni Canada
STAAR Assessment Scores:
- As STAAR results become available, we encourage you to visit the portal provided by TEA. It includes a video and helpful resources to explain your student’s data.
- https://texasassessment.gov/staar/families/ (English)
- https://texasassessment.gov/es/ (Spanish)
Summer Reading Opportunities:
- 6th & 7th grade students will be provided a copy of, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. We encourage summer reading and interaction with the supplemental workbook. We will place family discussion questions, to accompany this reading, on our website.
- 6th Grade Orientation & Roo Camp
- August Meet the Teacher Night
The Tison Parent Teacher Association (PTA) provides a great avenue to get involved and support our students & staff. There are numerous opportunities for you to enhance the quality of education & build a strong school culture (recognition efforts, teacher appreciation, athletic event support, literacy building etc.). We hope you’ll join us next year: https://txpta.secure.force.com/JoinPTA/
On behalf of the entire staff at TMS, I want to say “thank you” and have a wonderful summer!